Posted in Family Fun
Located in Couch Park at 800 E. 12th Ave., the City of Stillwater Municipal Pool opens for the season on Saturday, May 26 through August 12. The facility, with its 400,000-gallon pool, features six 50-meterlanes, a 12-foot diving well, two slides, a separate, gated wading pool for younger children and concession with a shaded seating area.
American Red Cross certified lifeguards are always on duty; however, children under the age of seven must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Every year, they teach hundreds of people to swim, and this year is no different. Once again, they are proud to participate in the American Red Cross "Learn to Swim" program for youths and adults.
The City of Stillwater Parks and Recreation Department is committed to an inclusive approach to recreation. If you have a need for reasonable accommodations you may contact the program manager at 405.533.8505.
Pool is closed on Wednesdays
Lap Swim: Sun - Tues, Thurs - Sat, 12:15 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Open Swim: Sun - Tues, Thurs - Sat, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Thurs and Fri: 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Concessions: Sun - Tues, Thurs - Sat, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Open Swim, all ages: $3
Lap Swim: $2
No group fee available.
Season Passes: $50 per person, available for purchase at the City of
Stillwater Parks and Recreation Department at 315 E. 9th Avenue.
Punch Cards: $27.50 for 10 Swim Visits, $55 for 20 Swim Visits, $82.50 for 30 Swim Visits. Punch Cards will be punched for each person entering the pool. Punch Cards can be used by families. Available for purchase at the City of Stillwater Parks and Recreation Department at 315 E. 9th Avenue.
The City of Stillwater Municipal Pool is available for rental to any group for private parties during the following times:
- Sundays: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Rental Fees for 2012: Facility Rental $275, Concession $50
All reservations and payment must be made in person at least 7 days in advance at the City of Stillwater Parks and Recreation Office, 315 E. 9th Ave., payment in full is due at time of reservation.
2011 Special Events!
- Opening Day: Saturday, May 26, 1 - 5 p.m. All guests enjoy half-price swim.
- Youth Softball and Baseball Day: Sunday, June 10, 1 - 5 p.m. Half-price admission for all baseball and softball players wearing their City of Stillwater Parks & Recreation team shirt. Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Father's Day Special: Sunday, June 17, 1 - 5 p.m. Half-price admission for all dads
- accompanied by a child.
- Mother's Appreciation Day: Saturday, July 14, 1 - 5 p.m. Half-price admission for all moms accompanied by a child.
- Stillwater "KRAZY DAZE": Friday, July 20, 1 - 5 p.m. Participate in "Krazy Daze" fun!
- Family Day Special: Sunday, Aug. 5, 1 - 5 p.m. $6 admission for families.
- Closing Day: Sunday, Aug. 12, 1 - 5 p.m. All guests enjoy half-price swim.
American Red Cross certified lessons are offered for beginners through lifeguard readiness, starting at age 3 through adult. Lessons begin the first week of June, $50 per person per session.
- Session 1 (June 4–15) at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 6 p.m.
- Session 2 (June 18–June 29) at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 6 p.m.
- Session 3 (July 9–20) at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 6 p.m.
- Session 4 (July 23–Aug 3) at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 6 p.m.
This year there are four two-week sessions for youth. Classes will meet Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday with Saturday reserved for make-up due to rain outs.
Parent and Tot Sessions:
- Session 1 (June 4–15) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Session 2 (June 18–June 29) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Session 3 (July 10–Aug 3) on Tuesday and Friday only at 6 p.m.
Adult Session: Session 1 (July 9–Aug 2) on Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m.
Adult Water Aerobics: Session 1: June 5–30, Session 2: July 10–Aug 4, Tuesday and Thursday 5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The cost per session is $35 per person. These classes provide good cardio and core workouts as well as strengthening all over muscles.
Private Lessons: Private lessons are offered throughout the season. The 30-minute, one week sessions meet Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Times for private lessons will be determined based on the availability of instructors. Cost for private lessons will be $80 per week. To schedule private lessons, call the Municipal Pool at 405.747.8090.
Please visit www.stillwater.org or call 405.747.8090 for additional information.